Moti Ben Shimol, a Presell engineer in the telecom division
Rad Bynet’s RADCloud service is a tailor managed cloud service according to organization’s needs.
The NFV and SDN revolution is slowly changing the global communications market. Tomorrow’s networks need to be more efficient, agiler in setting up new services and well orchestrated. To meet these requirements, it is necessary to change the business model, improve the user experience and change the network architecture to anticipate the pace of change and prepare for future opportunities. This change can help quickly launch new services and create additional revenue streams while reducing operating costs.
The virtual Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) is a new approach to hardware in the client’s premise, according to which at least some of the network functions associated with the business customer can be virtualized. What used to be a collection of distinct, hardware-based physical components (such as Router, FW, Load Balancer, etc.) changed in the vCPE model. In this model, vCPE computing power enables the transfer of functions from the lowermost of the network to the client’s premises, allowing services to be dynamically added or downloaded as needed.
RAD, part of the Rad Bynet group, has established a new business unit called RadCloud, which provides cloud-managed services. RadCloud allows embracing the benefits of a managed cloud without the investment or risk of poor service. RadCloud service currently provides two primary services:
Remote managed service based on virtual network application technology (NFV) over vCPE;
A remotely controlled test and network performance monitoring service that enables continuous visibility of the quality of services (SLAs) received by business customers from the operator.
As part of the service provision, RadCloud experts at the control center will ensure the remote installation of the various applications, integration and application threading, and day-to-day operation of the applications, including routine maintenance and execution of service performance reports under an SLA.
The installation of the solution makes it easier to maintain communications infrastructure, secure information and servers at customer sites and remote branches, and enables the business customer to concentrate on ITS primary strengths, and channel the organization’s resources into its core business.
Examples of apps that can be implemented on RadCloud:
- IT services NAS, AD, LDAP, File Server, Print Server, Sniffer and more.
- Security services FW, IPSec, UTM, IDS / IPS, DDOS and more.
- Network Services Router, DPI, WAN optimization, Wifi controller, PBX, SBC and more.
- RadCloud’s business model is a managed service model, for which a monthly fee is charged as a function of the number of services and applications that are being used by the client.
RadCloud vCPE as a Service
The NFV and SDN revolution is changing the world’s communications market, but there is still a significant challenge for business customers who want to use and benefit from the advantages of technology, especially when the budget and resources are low. With RadCloud, customers can skip the long and expensive process of designing and purchasing applications on an enterprise network, and the exit to the external network and the Internet. Instead, they can immediately get innovative applications and value-added services, by adopting the RadCloud platform.
The RadCloud service enables you to purchase a variety of applications from the world of communications, information security and IT, from the world’s leading providers such as Router, Firewall NAS, WiFi Controller, Sniffer, Cyber Security, Application Awareness, DDOS, WAN Optimization, VoIP, IT Services.
The customer service package includes the following services:
24/7 monitoring from a central control (NOC) room;
VCPE in the client’s yard;
installed applications on the vCPE (according to customer needs)
Control plan Management and lifecycle control of the service.
Benefits to the customer
- Rapid implementation of new applications
- Adoption of innovative technologies and services
- implementation in the client’s premises promptly;
- Best of Breed Virtual machines run on vCPE, one of the leading manufacturers in their field
- Optimization of the business model: it is not necessary to invest in the procurement of equipment, software, and construction of IT infrastructure. RadCloud allows a model of switching from equipment purchase expenditures (CAPEX) to significantly lower operating expenses paid in the OPEX model;
- Low-risk model of Pay as you Grow and simplicity of operation for the client;
- Minimal and inexpensive integration of the service, which does not require investment in customer-side workforce;
- The service is safe throughout, including connectivity to the administrator cloud, where client traffic itself is not delivered to the cloud.
RadCloud PM as a Service
Business customers expect to get the best quality of service (QoE) for their services. Critical infrastructure operations rely on communications that are always on, all requiring deep network visibility and sophisticated tools to monitor service performance (SLA) at all times. Not all business customers, however, can afford the ability and the experienced personnel to establish and operate appropriate solutions.
RAD Bynet’s service includes powerful performance monitoring tools, PM Performance Monitoring, which monitor and analyze the reported data as well as the cloud-based PM infrastructure for easy and fast access to SLA and KPIs parameters. This tool enables customers maximum value with minimal effort by understanding the source of each problem or by predicting the client’s needs and bottlenecks.
RadCloud allows you to purchase a variety of applications from the PM worlds: L2 PM, L3 PM, PM Troubleshooting, Real Time SLA Violation Notifications, Service Analytics, SLA Reports.
The customer service package includes the following services:
- 24/7 monitoring from a central control (NOC) room;
- Probs & PM collector (to be installed in the client’s sites)
- Analysis of service performance, including analysis of actual performance versus SLA
- Control plan Management and lifecycle control of the service.
Service benefits :
- Continuous automatic network performance monitoring
- Increased satisfaction by identifying performance issues immediately, and the ability to make extensions and upgrades on time.
- Low-risk model of Pay as you Grow
- Simple operation
- Minimal and inexpensive integration of the service, which does not require the investment of workforce on the customer side;
- The service is secure throughout, including connectivity to the administrator cloud, where consumer traffic itself is not delivered to the cloud.